CIVIL ENGINEERING PHYSICS
Civilengineering physics is a part of the construction science that particularlyaddresses physical phenomena that a building shows or is exposed to – heat,sound, light, fire,...
You can download KnaufTERM here
Civil_engineering_physics.zip [43 Mb] ( version 1.0.20)
THERMAL PROTECTION OFBUILDINGS
THERMAL PROTECTION OFBUILDINGS
Theworld energy crisis in 1970s required a more careful behaviour towards energyresources, which led to an investigation related to the possibilities of usingalternative energy sources and to establishing a set of regulations in thefield of thermal protection. Since then, this part of the construction sciencehas been developing.
Theregulations applying to the issue of thermal protection of buildings in
- SRPS U.J5.600
- Thermal Technique in Civil Engineering – Technical Conditions for Designing and Construction of Buildings (1998)
- SRPS U.J5.510
- Calculation Methods for the Coefficient of Heat Transit in Buildings (1987)
- SRPS U.J5.520
- Calculation Methods for Water Vapour in Construction Partitions of Buildings (1997)
- SRPS U.J5.530
- Calculation Methods for the Factor of Temperature Oscillation Reduction and Temperature Oscillation Delay in Summer (1997)
TheRule Book of Contents and Way of Preparing Technical Documentation for BuildingConstruction, Article 28, prescribes that numerical documentation of the mainarchitectural design should contain a calculation from the field of civilengineering physics (calculation of thermal and acoustic protection).
KnaufTERM– programme for calculating thermal protection of buildings
KnaufInsulation has issued KnaufTerm programme as a tool for calculatingthermal protection of buildings in accordance with the provisions of thefollowing Standards: SRPS U.J5.600, SRPS U.J5.510, SRPS U.J5.520, SRPSU.J5.530.
Basingon the results of KnaufTERM programme, the user gets verification or apossibility of correcting the values provided for in his design, or theconfirmation that the design has been made in accordance with the conditionsstipulated by the standards.
Someof the programme characteristics that we emphasize here are as follows:
- Graphic designing, i.e. formation of systems with the possibility of simple changing the properties of layers within the system (layer properties)
- Possibility of forming heterogeneous layers (e.g. lightweight roof structure – at the calculation of heat losses, the effect of rafters is also taken into account)
- Possibility of exporting the systems into dxf. format
- Checking of thermal characteristics both at the level of individual constructions (systems) and at the level of the building as a whole
- Formation of a mathematical model of the building (creation of 3D building model).
Byapplying the standards related to thermal technique in civil engineering, theso-called minimum thermal protection is provided. However, a good technicalsolution of thermal protection should also guarantee maximum economicallyjustified energy saving. Investments in thermal protection greater than theminimum one may return during the exploitation of the building through reducedenergy consumption.
Civil EngineeringPhysics.zip [43 Mb] (version1.0.20.)
Incase your Internet connection does not enable you to download the file, we maysend you a CD with KnaufTERM programme by post if you order it by telephone onthe following numbers: 011 311 33 69, 011 311 40 52, or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youmay always check here which the last version of this programme is.
Pleasesend your questions and suggestions to email@example.com
Theprogramme installation requirements:
-Pentium III 450 MHz
-64 Mb RAM
-60 Mb free space on hard disc
-Pentium III 1.4 GHz
-256 Mb RAM (or more)
- 1Gbor more free space on hard disc
- System requirements
- MicrosoftWindows XP (desirable with Sevice Pack 2)